Sunday, September 02, 2012

Trackside Log for Sunday, September 2, 2012

Today is the beginning of my vacation. It's been a long time since I've had an elongated photography trip and since it's been ten years since I visited the east coast, that became my destination. So, at 0830 Missy and I got in the car, drove to Scarborough, picked up Sam, and we were off.

The plan for the day was mostly just to get to Quebec but we stopped at Sam's parents' home for lunch. This took us through Brighton. As we crossed the Canadian National Kingston Subdivision I saw headlights approaching from the east.

  • 1231 EDT Brighton, ON - CN eastbound - CN 2200-CN 8005

After lunch we were off to Smiths Falls. Canadian Pacific really had nothing going on so we continued to Ottawa and Gatineau. I drove by the former Canadian Pacific yard there. Ten years ago I photographed the Quebec-Gatineau Railway there. Now the yard is gone.

We then followed the Quebec-Gatineau, still in service, from Masson-Angers to Lachute but nothing was on the line. This wasn't a surprise. With darkness now upon us we got a room in Lachenaie for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment