Saturday, March 11, 2006

Trackside Log for Saturday, March 11, 2006

Today I set out on my West Virginia trip. The first day was mostly a travel day so I didn't have much planned aside from a few shortlines in Ohio. The goal for the day was to finish in Parkersburg, West Virginia.
  • 1000 Conneaut, OH - Conneaut Historical Railroad Museum - NKP 755

My truck was getting very thirsty so I looked for fuel in Conneaut. Would you believe the only station I found had no pumps in service? I continued west praying to find something quickly. Fortunately I found fuel before I ran out but I was getting nervous.

  • 1126 Jefferson, OH - Ashtabula, Carson & Jefferson power - ACJ 518

Unfortunately the operational power for the AC&J was stored inside.

  • 1257 Peninsula, OH - Cuyahoga Valley - BO 21
  • 1356 Barberton, OH - Akron & Barberton Cluster power - ABC 1501-ABC 1502
  • 1719 Benwood, WV - CSX 2670
I followed a CSX line from Wheeling to Parkersburg. There were quite a few GP38's sitting around, but nothing running. I checked into a Red Roof Inn, got some food at the Mountaineer Family Restaurant, and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment