It was a nice snowy day and I wanted to try to photograph some trains in the flakes. I spent the night in Binbrook since I was at the Hamilton Bulldogs game (they won) so I drove out to Copetown for the morning. I just missed train 391 and had to wait for an hour and a half for something else to show up.
- 1036 Copetown - CN 399 west - CN 2517-UP 9478
- 1038 Copetown - CN 148 east - CN 5740-CN 5782
- 1130 Copetown - CN 385 west - CN 5614-CN 5385-UP 7393
- 1257 Copetown - Via 72 east - VIA 907
- 1303 Copetown - Via 73 west - VIA 6403/VIA 6404
I'd been waiting for hours for 398 to show up. I'd been hearing from it on the scanner all morning. Just before it showed up two inconsiderate individuals in an F-350 pulled up and parked right in front of my photo. I moved over in front of them and shot the train.
- 1311 Copetown - CN 398 east - CN 5732-WC 6909
Just after 398 two more vehicles pulled up and parked haphazardly around the area essentially blocking all photographic opportunities. Everybody from the Ancaster show must be coming out of the wood work. That's it! I'm outa here! I drove to Lynden to get away from the thickening layer of foam. Shortly after arrival Marcus and Helen arrived and we caught a couple trains.
- 1436 Lynden - CN 331 west - CN 5733-CN 2421
- 1535 Lynden - CN 351 east - CN 5459
Train 351 was a dimensional train with three (I think) covered hoppers for buffers and a flat with a large load. After that train I was about done for the day so I returned to Binbrook to visit friends.