Vacation 2006 Day Three
I headed out into the fog for the morning with the promise of sun. A variety of shortlines were on my route for the day and the first opportunity for photographs was the Tennessee Southern. I got lucky and arrived just as the crew was lifting their train and after the fog lifted.
- 0802 CDT Mount Pleasant, TN - Tennessee Southern northbound - CSXT 3163-CSXT 3170-CSXT 3148
I continued eastward in search of the Walking Horse & Eastern. On my way through Shelbyville I noticed that the track was packed with TTX piggyback flats.
- 1009 CDT Shelbyville, TN - Walking Horse & Eastern power - WHOE 1585
- 1030 CDT Wartrace, TN - L&N caboose 6162
The Louisville & Nashville caboose was the only item of interest so my journey continued.
- 1136 CDT McMinnville, TN - Caney Fork & Western power - CFW 2345
- 1258 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley power - SQVR 9833
- 1259 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley caboose
- 1305 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley northbound - SQVR 1210
- 1544 EDT La Fayette, GA - Chattooga & Chicamauga power - CAGY 102
- 1857 CDT Sylacauga, AL - Eastern Alabama power - AGR 4005
- 1859 CDT Sylacauga, AL - Eastern Alabama westbound - NECR 4048-NECR 4049