Today I was having a few guys over for a slide show. Marcus was heading to Niagara early to meet up with me for some photographs. I headed out toward Brookfield to meet up. By the time I got to Dain City I heard Canadian National train 564 obtain a track warrant on the Humberstone Spur. This was a once a month occurrence so I immediately changed my route to intercept 564 at the Highway 140 overpass and informed Marcus about what was transpiring.
- 1033 Yager West - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112
Since track speed very slow it's really easy to chase on the Humberstone Spur. I set off for the next level crossing.
- 1041 3rd Concession Road, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112
I met up with Marcus at the next crossing.
- 1049 2nd Concession Road, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112
- 1053 Main Street, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112
- 1058 Killaly Street, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112 (photo)
- 1103 Mitchell Street, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112
- 1105 INCO siding, Port Colborne - CN 564 south - CN 4131-CN 4112 (photo 1, photo 2)
Train 564 set off its lone acid car at INCO and the chase was over. Marcus and I decided to try for a photograph of Norfolk Southern 369 in Fort Erie so eastward we went. As luck would have it 369 arrived while we picked up some food so we waited for it to drop its train and return to make the lift out of track 99.
Then things got interesting. NS 369 returned to the east end of the yard on the main track, paused, then backed into the siding. After a short wait it swithed over to track 99 where we thought it was positioning for the lift. But they never coupled. It turned out they were waiting for Canadian Pacific train 427 west.
- 1348 Fort Erie - CP 427 west - CP 8810 (photo)
Next 369 moved back to the siding again which got me to thinking Canadian National train 339 was imminent.
- 1412 Fort Erie - CN 339 east - CN 8820-CN 2651 (photo)
Train 339 set off freight for 369 to lift. Marcus and I decided the action was more or less over so we drove off for my house. Shortly after we got there Canadian Pacific train 246 informed train 427 that it was at Boyle. We went out to photograph 246.
- 1605 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 8852-CP 9629
Train 427 also arrived not long after but we didn't bother with it. Then Dave and Steve arrived and it was pizza and slide time.