I woke up this morning and determined that it would be a great day to visit Fort Erie, even if it was rather cloudy. I got my gear together and headed out. I first ran across Canadian Pacific Job 1 at Brookfield just returning from Canadian National's Southern Yard.
- 0932 Brookfield - CP job 1 - CP 3032-CP 3097
Then a little farther east I ran across Canadian National train 338 west.
- 1004 Stevensville - CN 338 west - CN 2608-CN 2647-CN 2435-CN 2501-CN 2658
While waiting for 339 in Fort Erie I heard the hot box detector in Stevensville go off. Two alarms were recorded so it was going to be a while before the train got to me. According to the conductor the wheels on one car were blue. Not good. The car was part of the set-off for NS 369 so it became their problem.
- 1209 Fort Erie - CN 339 east - CN 2650-CN 5791-CN 2691
After an hour of futzing around with their train, 339 was finally ready to go. By now, however, the sun was starting to come out. Beauty!
- 1310 Fort Erie - CN 339 east - CN 2650-CN 5791-CN 2691
- 1340 Fort Erie - CP 246 east - CP 9604-CP 95xx
- 1356 Fort Erie - NS 369 west - NS 9796-NS 9868
After Norfolk Southern train 369 cleared the International Bridge I called it quits for the day. There wasn't likely to be any further traffic anyway. I headed out to the west end of the yard and photographed 369 again...
- 1406 Duff - NS 369 west - NS 9796-NS 9868