This morning was grey and snowy but I figured it would make for interesting photography so I headed to Merritton to see the Maple Leaf. On the way there I heard Norfolk Southern train 327 get a clearance through the working limits around Glenridge. I showed up at Merritton the same time it did. It just had two NS GE's so I didn't worry about it much. Norfolk Southern train 328 was also on the way, but its train separated in the single track near Grimsby holding everything up.
- 1033 Merritton - NS 328 east - NS 2665-NREX 3928
- 1045 Merritton - Via 97 east - AMTK 706
Thanks to 328 the Via was forty minutes late. I then decided to head up to Port Robinson to catch 328 again.
- 1118 Welland - NS 328 east - NS 2665-NREX 3928
The NREX 3928 is ex-UP 3928; nee MP 6028. While driving to Port Robinson I heard Canadian Pacific train 256 south get permission to enter the Canadian National Stamford subdivision and follow 328. I headed to the junction at Brookfield to see 256.
- 1134 Brookfield - CP 256 south - CP 8533-CP 5737-CP 5776
A special Via train was to be going to Niagara Falls so I headed back to Merritton to wait for it.
- 1324 Merritton - CN 154 east - CN 5707
- 1405 Merritton - Via 93 east - VIA 6442