Today was the farewell gathering for Shane. He would be leaving for Edson, Alberta on Tuesday after twenty two years living in Georgetown. Quite a few railfans would be gathering at mile 30 of the Halton Subdivision to say goodbye. I'd spent the previous night in Binbrook again and wanted to spend a bit of time at Guelph Junction before heading to mile 30. It had been a long time since I'd spent some time in the junction.
- 1018 Guelph Junction - CP 243 west - CP 9840-CP 9504
- 1026 Guelph Junction - OSR power - OSR 647 (photo 1, photo 2)
- 1131 Guelph Junction - CP 198 east - CP 8531-CP 8538
Around noon I got hungry so I picked up and stopped off in Milton for food before heading to mile 30. Before long quite a sizable group had amassed to see Shane off. Between gab sessions we managed to see a few trains.
- 1348 Scotch Block - CN 271 west - CN 2607-CN 5500
- 1402 Scotch Block - CN 338 east - CN 5646-WC 6945-CN 2564 (photo)
- 1451 Scotch Block - CN 148 east - CN 2693-WC 6900
- 1612 Scotch Block - CN 393 west - CN 2410-CN 5434
- 1719 Scotch Block - CN 392 east - CN 5650-IC 6067 (photo)
- 1803 Scotch Block - CN 350 east - CN 7025-CN 4125 (photo 1, photo 2)
After pizza, cookies, and the dimensional train it was time for everybody to depart. We all said our goodbyes to Shane and headed home. It will be a little more quiet around Georgetown but he's starting a good new job in Edson. The best of luck to you, Shane. I'm happy for you. But of course we'll still be in touch via e-mail, IRC and phone.