This morning I once again set out from the Bel-Air Motel at 0730. This time I actually slept until seven though. My first destination was the Huron Central to see if train 149 had arrived in the night. As it turned out, no. Since there wasn't much else to see in Sault Ste. Marie I drove to Searchmont to photograph the Agawa Canyon Tour Train again.
- 0910 Searchmont - ACR 633 north - CN 105/CN 106
After photographing the train passing the old station I got back on the Trans-Canada Highway to check out Montreal Falls. Unfortunately the entire area was fogged in so I kept on driving to Hawk Junction. I arrived in time for the passenger train but evidently it was very late. I waited around for a while but gave up and drove the very lonely Highway 101 to Chapleau. Shortly after my arrival the trains started pulling in. I missed one but saw the rest.
- 1543 Devon - CP 110 east - CP 9710/CP 8834 mid DPU/CP 8798 rear DPU
- 1634 Devon - CP 104 east - CP 8784-CP 8503
Amid the flurry of trains I checked into the Bridgeview Motel which conveniently looks on the Canadian Pacific yard. The rest I watched from my room.
- 1815 Chapleau - CP 115 west - CP 9671/CP 9612 mid DPU
- 1858 Chapleau - CP 223 west - CP 9775-CP 8529
Train 223 set off its trailing unit before leaving Chapleau.
- 1930 Chapleau - CP 223 west - CP 9775
After a while the 8529 lifted three units and became train 222.
- 2045 Chapleau - CP 222 west light power - CP 8529-CP 8514-CP 8575-CP 6601 (photo)
...and after lifting its train 222 came back east through town.
- 2327 Chapleau - CP 222 east - CP 6601-CP 8575-CP 8514-CP 8529
And then it was bed time.