This morning Sam and I awoke to bright blue skies and the prospect of photographing some more grain elevators. The first railway photo I took was of a Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo gondola parked in Neepawa, Manitoba. It seemed out of place so I took a shot.
- 1255 CDT Neepawa, MB - THB 2672 (photo)
Still on the hunt for elevators we found ourselves in Minnedosa, Manitoba. There are no elevators left but they do have a Canadian Pacific FP7 and caboose parked at the heritage park.
- 1355 CDT Minnedosa, MB - static display - CP 4038 (photo)
Following the Canadian Pacific Bredenbury Subdivision we discovered a westbound freight.
- 1443 CDT Basswood, MB - CP westbound - CP 9005-CP 5392-CP 5585 (photo)
Since we were heading the same direction we gave chase and photographed the train again at the Newdale elevator.
- 1505 CDT Newdale, MB - CP westbound - CP 9005-CP 5392-CP 5585
Continuing westward we heard another westbound on the scanner which we caught up to and photographed at the border between Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- 1650 CDT west of Harrowby, MB - CP westbound - CP 9154-CP 9130 (photo)
Once again we were headed in the same direction so we drove ahead and photographed the train at the Langenburg, Saskatchewan grain elevator.
- 1613 CST Langenburg, SK - CP westbound - CP 9154-CP 9130
Our destination for the night was Yorkton, Saskatchewan. I was pleasantly surprised to hear Canadian National coming into town shortly after we arrived.
- 1718 CST Yorkton, SK - CN 421 north - CN 5633 (photo)
And with that our day was done. We found a place to stay, ate, and rested.