Today Marcus and I decided to venture to the CSX west of Buffalo, New York. We departed my house and drove to Sturgeon Point Road in Angola. The morning proved to be rather quiet.
- 1101 Angola, NY - CSX Q268 east - CSXT 369-CSXT 5344
After a single CSX train an Evans police officer stopped and asked us to leave. In eleven years of visiting Sturgeon Point Road neither the local police nor CSX employees have had issue with me photographing trains there. In fact, they normally waved to me. So we drove west, first stopping in the village of Angola proper. Norfolk Southern train 310 east blew through town just before a CSX westbound but we missed it.
- 1138 Angola, NY - CSX Q115 west -CSXT 5454-CSXT 7880
After the westbound we continued on to Ripley.
- 1329 Ripley, NY - NS 22K east - NS 9345-NS 6805
- 1343 Ripley, NY - CSX Q386 east - CSXT 5373-CSXT 8351
- 1350 Ripley, NY - CSX W990 west dimensional - CSXT 7922
- 1406 Ripley, NY - CSX Q164 east - CSXT 4824-CSXT 7800-CSXT 7578
- 1415 Ripley, NY - CSX Q264 east - CSXT 775-CSXT 5432
Since we were so close Marcus and I decided to continue on to the Lake Shore Railway Historical Society's museum in the former New York Central station in North East, Pennsylvania.
- 1436 North East, PA - NS 206 east - NS 8396-NS 7554-NS 9396
- 1436 North East, PA - CSX Q117 east - CSXT 868-CSXT 7602-CSXT 5447
- 1440 North East, PA - Lake Shore Railway Historical Society power - LSRHS no#
- 1444 North East, PA - Lake Shore Railway Historical Society power - NYC 2500
- 1449 North East, PA - CSX Q109 west - CSXT 5351-CSXT 518-CSXT 866
- 1511 North East, PA - CSX K629 west - CSXT 5472-CSXT 275-CSXT 5491
Well it was starting to get dark so we turned back east toward home. En route we heard an eastbound so we stopped to see it at Westfield, New York.
- 1609 Westfield, NY - CSX Q122 east - CSXT 5237-CSXT 5278-CSXT 5296
So that was it. The motive power wasn't very interesting but at least there was something to see. Our original intent was only to go as far as Angola but the police interfered with that plan.