Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trackside Log for Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This was day one of our trip to Montreal for the 185th St. Patrick's Day Parade. Sam and I decided to take a few vacation days and make a trek out of it. Our route would take us through New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine before arriving in Quebec. I picked Sam up from the train station in Aldershot. Before her GO train arrived I photographed a couple Canadian National trains.
  • 1207 Aldershot, ON - CN 435 west - CN 2518-CN 8006
  • 1224 Aldershot, ON - CN eastbound - CN 2688-CN 5251-IC 2710
The weather was starting to improve after the trains of course. But Sam's GO train arrived and we were off. As soon as we got to the border of New York the weather started getting dark and miserable. It didn't improve as we drove east. The first stop I wanted to make was at the Finger Lakes Railway. It was still dark, but I wanted to see what was going on anyway.
  • 1641 Geneva, NY - Finger Lakes Railway power - FGLK 2301 (photo 1, photo 2)
The lighting was really low and I was just able to manage a few slides. Since conditions didn't get any better Sam and I motored for Rutland, Vermont which was our overnight destination. Hopefully the next day would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment