Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trackside Log for Thursday, May 14, 2009

This morning I woke up with a migraine caused by changing air pressure.  Consequently I stayed home from work for the day.  The Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision was quiet the entire day until about 1645 when I heard job 2 announce they were entering the main track and headed to Smithville.  By that time my headache was nearly gone so I popped up the road to take a photograph.
  • 1700 Fenwick - CP job 2 north - CP 3032-CP 3097
The train had a Canada grain car for a buffer and four pipe loads.  A few minutes after I arrived back home I heard job 2 clear a southbound through its working limits.  After a few games of cribbage on my iPod I heard the southbound report mile board Boyle and out I went again to take a photograph.
  • 1749 Fenwick - CP 426 south - CP 9586-CP 9806
I didn't know when job 2 would turn back but I knew it wouldn't be long.  I drove back home but as soon as I turned onto my driveway I heard its horn approaching.  Back out I went.
  • 1759 Fenwick - CP job 2 south - CP 3097-CP 3032
As expected the pipe loads were now gone and the spacer car remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment