Saturday, August 01, 2009

Trackside Log for Saturday, August 1, 2009

This morning I awoke just as Canadian Pacific train 222 was pulling to the east end of Chapleau yard. The Bridgeview Motel is at the west end (of course). I took my time getting the day underway since track gangs had been working through the night. By about 0930 the last track occupancy permit was cancelled. The first train to arrive was 103 west. After the recrew I photographed it from the footbridge.

  • 1015 Chapleau - CP 103 west - CP 8762-CP 8750

The White River Subdivision dispatcher informed the crew that their first meet, 104, was at Franz. That's about two hours. I didn't feel like waiting around so I drove to Cochrane. When I arrived Ontario Northland offered nothing noteworthy to photograph so I checked into The Station Inn and picked up my tickets for the next day's Polar Bear Express train to Moosonee. The skies grew dark, the wind gusted and I ate supper at The Station Restaurant before relaxing in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment