Sunday, May 02, 2010

Trackside Log for Sunday, May 2, 2010

I woke up fairly early this morning to take Missy for her walk. Not long after we returned I heard the sound of horns approaching from the north. I got my camera and drove over to Chantler road for a photograph before the rain began.

  • 0803 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 8835-CP 8511

Wow. What a tiny train. I returned home and listened to the train switch Welland Yard on my scanner. After a little while I decided, although the weather was suboptimal, that I would head over to the yard to photograph 246 leaving. I wanted to use the opportunity to experiment with my new 70-300mm lens.

  • 0856 Welland - CP 246 south - CP 8835-CP 8511

Considering the circumstances, I was pleased with the results. The photograph above was shot at 200mm.

Just after the train passed by Philips Road I met another railfan and chatted for a while before taking Missy back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment