Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trackside Log for Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I was on my way to an appointment in Peacock Point today when I discovered the Southern Ontario Railway beginning to switch the Esso Refinery in Nanticoke. I first found two trains at the 3rd Concession.

  • 1500 Nanticoke - SOR northbound switcher (Lake Erie Steel loads) - CEFX 2014
  • 1500 Nanticoke - SOR southbound switcher (Esso empties) - CEFX 2006-CEFX 2019

I wasn't able to get any photographs there so I drover over to the 2nd Concession and waited for the Esso train to drag the empty tank cars to the south end of the yard.

  • 1531 Nanticoke - SOR southbound switcher - CEFX 2006-CEFX 2019

The Southern Ontario Railway recently received the CEFX 2006 and today it showed up on the Hagersville Subdivision. Right now all three of the GP20Ds on the SOR are working together.

Just for fun I also decided to play around with High Dynamic Range processing on this photograph. Here's what that turned out like:

No comments:

Post a Comment