Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Trackside Log for Wednesday, June 4, 2003

Once again I swung by the Huron Central Railway yard en route to work at Algoma Steel. The road power with the LLPX locomotive was still there so I photographed them again.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - Huron Central Railway power - HCRY 3011-LLPX 2261-HCRY 3010

At lunch time I heard the ore train obtaining permission to cross the lift, knife and swing bridges on their way into Canada. I once again photographed them crossing the swing span on their way across the border.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - AC 411 north ore - WC 3027-IC 6203-IC 3102-WC 2002

It was a nice mixture of power with the uniquely painted Wisconsin Central 3027 leading and a former Algoma Central GP38-2 trailing.

In the afternoon a pair of Wisconsin Central locomotives were stopped at the entrance to the Algoma Steel plant just waiting for my camera.

  • Steelton, Ontario - CN power - WC 7502-WC 1502

I was certainly enjoying the ease with which I was able to photograph the Canadian National trains at the steel plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment