Sunday, June 01, 2003

Trackside Log for Sunday, June 1, 2003

It was the first day of June and the beginning of the final week of my contract at Algoma Steel in Sault Ste. Marie. That morning I headed over to the plant to see if anything was happening on the former Algoma Central. I discovered the St. Mary's Paper GE 80-ton switcher shunting pulpwood cars again. I took a quick photograph.

  • Steelton, Ontario - St. Mary's Paper switcher - SMP 775-52-1

A short time later I heard the loaded ore train talk to the lift bridge operators for permission to cross the river and canal into Canada. I headed over to the swing span for a photograph.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - CN 411 north ore - WC 7524-CN 9455

Before the morning was done the empty ore train also made a move. I photographed it at the same location under the International Bridge.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - CN 412 south empty ore - WC 7526

That would be all I'd photograph that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment