Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Trackside Log for Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Last night I was at work until 0444 so I didn't wake up until around 1330 today. I was going to be heading back into work again tonight so I took the opportunity to catch the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train between Hamilton and Cambridge. The train held its official visit to Hamilton the previous night but stayed overnight.

I estimated it would depart Hamilton at approximately 1500. When I arrived at Hamilton shortly before that time I could hear the crew testing the brakes. Good estimate. I decided to photograph the train at Kay Drage park in Hamilton. If I was lucky and the sun peeked out from the clouds it would look quite nice.

  • 1526 Kay Drage park, Hamilton - CP Holiday Train north - CP 9714
Luck was on my side. The sun was out. I then headed up to Puslinch to see it again before driving into Cambridge to photograph it on the Grand River Bridge.
  • 1832 Cambridge - CP Holiday Train west - CP 9714

This was the eighth year for Canadian Pacific's Holiday Train and I've photographed each of them. I always enjoy seeing the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment