Thursday, March 29, 2007

Trackside Log for Thursday, March 29, 2007

I had my French class after work at Niagara College in Niagara-on-the-Lake.  Before I left work I checked what ships were in the canal.  The Atlantic Superior was going to be at Lock 1 before class so I decided to go see it.  However, on the way I heard the Trillium guys get permission from the Canadian National NI dispatcher to cross the Grimsby Subdivision.  I thought it would be nice to photograph them somewhere in Thorold and picked a nice spot alongside the canal.

  • 1745 Thorold - Trillium southbound - TR 110
After photographing the S-13 I drove to Lock 1 to see the Atlantic Superior.  As I arrived it was just entering the lock.  Unfortunately that doesn't yield any decent photographic angles so I crossed the canal and drove to the college.  I'll have to try again on its next voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment