It was another bright sunny day and I felt compelled to spend it outside with a camera in hand. The ship Yankcanuck was traversing the Welland Canal so I started out the day with a trip to see it. On the way I heard Canadian National train 422 departing Port Robinson. I had time so I detoured to see it first.
- 0811 Niagara Falls - CN 422 west - CN 2453-GCFX 3053
Then I drove back to the canal to see the Yankcanuck. After watching it make its way past the guard gate I started my trip to Georgetown. I hadn't been there in a long time and it afforded me the opportunity to see Shane again.
- 1143 Georgetown - Via 85 west - VIA 6416
- 1159 Georgetown - CN 384 east - CN 5682-CN 2520
- 1213 Georgetown - CN 385 west - CN 5611-NS 9034
- 1330 Georgetown - CN 422 east - CN 2453-GCFX 3053
The sun angle was improving at Scotch Block, so I left Georgetown in favour of the nice scenery at mile 30 of the Canadian National Halton Subdivision.
- 1409 Scotch Block - CN 338 east - CN 2558-CEFX 3131
- 1423 Scotch Block - CN 148 east - CN 5723-CN 5416
- 1434 Scotch Block - CN 392 east - CSX 5298-BNSF 4959-GCFX 3069
- 1647 Scotch Block - CN 393 west - CN 5709-CN 5459-CN 2557
- 1748 Scotch Block - CN 398 east - CN 2433-CN 2422
While there a variety of other folks arrived for some welcome company particularly during the two hour quiet time. I was getting hungry and the day was getting on so after train 398 I returned home.