Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Trackside Log for Tuesday, July 28, 2009

After work today I began my northward trek to visit the Huron Central Railway to see it one last time before it ceased operations August 15th.1 Today's goal was to make Mactier. After checking into the Avon Motel on Highway 69 just south of town I took a quick drive into town to check out the Canadian Pacific rail yard. As soon as parked my car I could hear a southbound approaching.

  • 2042 Mactier - CP southbound - CP 9664-CP 6075-CP 5759

Also parked in the yard was a Sperry Rail Services track inspection car.

  • 2042 Mactier - Sperry Rail Services equipment - SRS 119

It was getting rather dark so I returned to my room for the night.



1 While I was on the trip the Huron Central Railway agreed to operate the line for up to another year pending approval of its plan with government, local industries and communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment