Friday, November 13, 2009

Trackside Log for Friday, November 13, 2009

Today found me working on a diagram at home for the day. I decided to turn the scanner on to keep abreast of activity on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision. Late in the morning I heard a southbound report the south siding switch Smithville returned to normal position. I waited for the conductor to report mile board Boyle before taking Missy for a ride to River Road.

  • 1100 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 8884-CP 8535

After a couple photographs Missy and I returned home again. Around mid-afternoon a 10,000' train 247 arrived at Welland Yard. I waited for them to finish switching before heading out with Missy for a photograph in the afternoon sun.

  • 1512 Fenwick - CP 247 north - CP 9644-CP 9602

While 247 was switching Welland Yard train 427 pulled into Brookfield and waited to enter the yard. I decided to take a quick jaunt over to see it. When I got there the train was parked at the yard office.

It's been quite a while since I've seen an SD40-2 running down here. That was nice to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment