Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trackside Log for Sunday, September 12, 2010

I was at home digitising some of my slides with the scanner on in the background. After quite a while with no activity on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision a recrew for train 255 in Welland Yard called up the dispatcher to get a work clearance. They needed to remarshall their train. I decided to take Missy down to Hewitt Road to photograph them before they left. I had to wait for the train to back in its entirety onto the main track over Hewitt Road. At 444 axles it took quite some time.

  • 1612 Welland - CP 255 north - CP 9627-CP 9620

Luck was on my side and a very brief period of sunshine in an otherwise cloudy day illuminated the scene long enough for me to take a couple photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment