Sunday, February 06, 2011

Trackside Log for Sunday, February 6, 2011

After a fairly snowy Saturday, and little in the way of road clearing, Missy and I elected to stay home much of the day. I had the scanner on in the background and all was quiet on the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision until around noon when train 255 alerted the dispatcher that it was leaving Buffalo. When the crew announced they were leaving Welland Yard I took Missy over to Farr Street for a photograph.

  • 1332 Fenwick - CP 255 north - SOO 6043-SOO 6047

When the dispatcher issued train 255 its clearance she also indicated that a train was parked on the main track in Welland Yard. Since we were out anyway I took Missy over to see what it was.

  • 1348 Welland - CP 254 south - CP 9527-CP 9583

Train 254 was far less interesting than 255 but I photographed it anyway. With nothing left to see Missy and I returned home. I left the scanner on but the only other communication all day was when train 254 departed Welland Yard. So over the span of 13 hours of listening to the Hamilton Subdivision there were about 5 minutes of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment