Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trackside Log for Saturday, November 26, 2011

Today I was roving around the Niagara area on a photography project. One of the subjects I was interested in was the old bridge on the former Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto spanning Oakdale Avenue in Merritton. When I arrived at the location I quickly discovered that all the brush and trees had been hewn away from the high fill on which the tracks were once laid. I then determined that the bridge was scheduled for demolition in a mere three days.

  • 1243 Merritton - former NSC&T bridge

While photographing the old concrete bridge I heard air horns to the west. I took a moment to photograph the eastbound Canadian National freight.

  • 1253 Merritton - CN eastbound - CN 4784-CN 1444-CN 4140

After the train passed I returned to continue photographing the bridge.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking a photo before it is gone. That way it is preserved. Will you be photographing its demolition?

    ReplyDelete