Friday, April 06, 2012

Trackside Log for Friday, April 6, 2012

When I awoke this Good Friday morning I turned on the scanner to see if Canadian Pacific would produce any traffic for the holiday. It wasn't long until I heard train 255 asking the dispatcher where train 246 was. I was going to be seeing a pair of trains. When the dispatcher responded that 246 was going to be departing Kinnear Yard in ten minutes I decided to seek out a different location to the north for a photograph. I settled on St. Ann's Road in St. Ann's.

  • 0828 St. Ann's - CP 246 south - CP 8952-CP 9776

Knowing that train 255 was waiting in Welland Yard for 246 I drove to the bridge over the Welland River to photograph the northbound.

  • 0916 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 8814-CP 8798

After a surprisingly productive morning I returned home to relax. I didn't get much relaxation time before I heard the dispatcher talking to a rail grinding train at Vinemount. Once it activated the defect detector at mile 27.8 I headed over to Chantler Road for a photograph.

  • 1044 Fenwick - CP rail grinder south - RG 404 (LMIX 3404)

The Hamilton Subdivision was remarkably busy for a holiday Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment