Saturday, August 04, 2012

Trackside Log for Saturday, August 4, 2012

Today exemplified why I take fewer photographs in July and August. It was hot, humid and generally unpleasant. However, I had the scanner on and was alerted to a northbound nearing Brookfield that was to meet a southbound in Smithville. I decided to brave the weather and capture some images. First I found train 255 at Chantler Road.

  • 0958 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 8516-CP 8628

I had a bit of time before train 246 arrived in town so I drove to the Avondale for some refreshment before taking a position at River Road for a photograph of the southbound.

  • 1108 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 9368-CP 9619

I had heard earlier on the scanner that train 246 had some dimensional cars. I wasn't expecting fifteen wind turbine loads. That was far more interesting that this train usually is.

Now that the weather was generating a headache I gladly returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment