Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Trackside Log for Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This afternoon I had three appointments in Hamilton so before the first of these I purchased some lunch and took it trackside in Aldershot. No sooner had I arrived at Lemonville Road when an eastbound poked its headlight around the corner.

  • 1259 Aldershot - CN eastbound - CN 5774-CN 2099

When I turned around I noticed VIA train 73 departing Aldershot station.

  • 1300 Aldershot - VIA 73 west - VIA 6442

It was approaching time for my first appointment so I headed over to MacNab Street. Due to my proximity to the Southern Ontario Railway's yard, I could hear the sounds of a GP9 switching the yard. When I was finished my appointment I made the quick drive to see it. When I arrived I discovered two locomotives switching. RLK 3873 was waiting for RLK 4003 to clear a path.

  • 1358 Hamilton - SOR switcher - RLK 4003
  • 1408 Hamilton - SOR switcher - RLK 3873

After a few photographs I was off to my remaining appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment