Saturday, May 31, 2003

Trackside Log for Saturday, May 31, 2003

I didn't have any real grand plans for this Saturday. I did, however, drive over to the Huron Central Railway yard to find a pair of GP9s coupled together. I took a couple of photographs.

  • Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - Huron Central power - HCRY 204-HCRY 201

My next goal was to photograph the northbound Algoma Central passenger train. I drove north along the line to find a photogenic location for the picture. The 6th Line East crossing in Odena seemed to work.

  • Odena, Ontario - AC 1 north - CN 9541

I also drove farther north and photographed the station at Searchmont.

After wiling the time away I drove to Heyden to photograph the southbound Algoma Central passenger train as it snaked along the river in Heyden that afternoon.

  • Heyden, Ontario - AC 2 south - CN 9540

After a few photographs of a picturesque vista from the side of the Trans-Canada Highway I returned to Sault Ste. Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment