Friday, August 26, 2005

Trackside Log for Friday, August 26, 2005

It was nice and sunny after work so to the tracks I went. I swung by CP's Welland yard where only CP 3032 was parked by the office. I assumed it would head out as job 3 and headed over to the CN Stamford subdivision to see if anything would show up. After a short wait train 531 east announced its departure from Port Robinson so I headed to Netherby Road (again) to photograph it. 
  • 1621 Netherby Rd., Welland - CN 531 east - CN 9540

I roamed around the Stamford subdivision when I heard CP job 3 hit the detector at mile 18 of the Hamilton subdivision and subsequently called up the CN NI dispatcher to ask permission to head over to southern yard. Since I'd photographed job 3 two days prior I passed on it. After waiting around for a couple hours with no trains I gave up and headed home. That's pretty typical for an evening on the Stamford subdivision.

No comments:

Post a Comment