Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Trackside Log for Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Well, the remains of hurricane Katrina were pushing into Ontario today. It was very cloudy but I still followed the CN Stamford subdivision home. There were no signals up at Netherby Road so I headed north through Port Robinson where I heard an eastbound get a clearance from a foreman. A yellow signal was lit at the west end of the yard and I could see the headlights down the track.
  • 1650 Port Robinson - CN 567 east - CN 4121

After 567 I headed along the canal toward St. Catharines when I heard Trillium 110 get permission from the CN NI dispatcher to enter the north track of the Grimsby subdivision. Trillium 110 was heading back south from St. Catharines so I headed to Thorold to photograph it climbing the Niagara Escarpment adjacent to the Welland Canal. Before they showed up I photographed the Wagenborg ship Virginiaborg as it exited lock 7 headed downbound.

  • 1724 Thorold - Trillium southbound - TR 110

If you look in the background of the photo you can see the Virginiaborg in lock 6 east. I figured that to be the end of today's fun so I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment