Friday, September 02, 2005

Trackside Log for Friday, September 2, 2005

This morning I got up with the plan to catch NS train 328. I headed out for 0900 since 328 often goes through St. Catharines before the Amtrak. This day however I needn't have worried since 328 was held by bridge six and then by a foreman. While waiting for 328 at Cambridge siding I heard a work train in Port Robinson. CN 9450 was dropping rail and then heading to Fort Erie to drop rail there.

  • 1143 Carl Rd., Port Robinson - CN 905 east - CN 9450 (continuous welded rail train)

The track at Port Robinson is aligned north/south and by the time NS 328 showed up it would have been poorly lit so I headed over to Brookfield where the track runs east/west. Since train 905 was restricted to twenty miles per hour I figured I might as well photograph it again in Brookfield.

  • 1205 Troup Rd., Brookfield - CN 905 east - CN 9450 (continuous welded rail train)

Eventually NS 328 was cleared through the St. Catharines area and on its way. I decided to change up the scenery and headed to Stevensville to photograph it.

  • 1306 House Rd., Stevensville - NS 328 east - NS 4808-NS 1645

Earlier while waiting for train 905 in Port Robinson I heard Trillium blowing for the crossings while headed to St. Catharines so I figured I'd see if I could find them in town. While driving down Hartzell Road I noticed them on the old Niagara, St. Catharines and Toronto track headed up to Thorold on the Town Line spur. So I turned around and headed back to Thorold to catch Trillium street running again.

  • 1422 Town Line Rd. East, Thorold - Trillium switcher - TR 110
  • 1432 Interlake Paper, Thorold - Trillium switcher - TR 110

After switching the Interlake Paper plant Trillium headed back toward Merritton.

  • 1459 Town Line Rd., East, Thorold - Trillium switcher - TR 110

Successfully photographing the street running again was rewarding and I decided to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment