Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trackside Log for Tuesday, November 1, 2005

On the way to work this morning I stopped off at Merritton again. I heard a horn at the west end of St. Catharines as I got into my truck. It turned out to be CN train 421 east. You can't get from my house to the track in time to see a train in that situation without driving all the way to Port Robinson so I missed it. On the up side I'll likely be able to see that power tomorrow on train 422. I also heard CP 256 south get a clearance from mile 53 to Welland on the Hamilton subdivision. The plan was to catch it after CN train 422 west that had just left Port Robinson.
  • 0804 Merritton - CN 422 west - CN 5799-CN 5268-CN 2568

Nothing else was pending on CN so I started making my way to Welland. I first stopped off at Lock 7 of the Welland Canal where two ships were headed downbound.

  • 0815 Lock 6 - Algoma Central Marine "Algowood" entering Lock 5
  • 0830 Lock 7 - Lithuanian ship "Kapitonas Marcinkus" exiting Lock 7
As I finished photographing the Kapitonas Marcinkus it began to rain. I heard CP train 256 get its clearance from station name sign Welland to station name sign Brookfield East but opted not to photograph it because of the weather. Off to work I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment