Monday, July 31, 2006

Trackside Log for Monday, July 31, 2006

Vacation 2006 Day Three

I headed out into the fog for the morning with the promise of sun. A variety of shortlines were on my route for the day and the first opportunity for photographs was the Tennessee Southern. I got lucky and arrived just as the crew was lifting their train and after the fog lifted.

  • 0802 CDT Mount Pleasant, TN - Tennessee Southern northbound - CSXT 3163-CSXT 3170-CSXT 3148

I continued eastward in search of the Walking Horse & Eastern. On my way through Shelbyville I noticed that the track was packed with TTX piggyback flats.

  • 1009 CDT Shelbyville, TN - Walking Horse & Eastern power - WHOE 1585
I followed the line to the junction with CSX in Wartrace.
  • 1030 CDT Wartrace, TN - L&N caboose 6162

The Louisville & Nashville caboose was the only item of interest so my journey continued.

  • 1136 CDT McMinnville, TN - Caney Fork & Western power - CFW 2345
  • 1258 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley power - SQVR 9833
  • 1259 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley caboose
While photographing the slug I heard a locomotive horn. The Sequatchie Valley was returning. The timing was perfect.
  • 1305 CDT South Pittsburg, TN - Sequatchie Valley northbound - SQVR 1210
  • 1544 EDT La Fayette, GA - Chattooga & Chicamauga power - CAGY 102
While looking for the Eastern Alabama in Sylacauga I noticed freight moving in front of me. Presto! I was shocked to see two New England Central GP40's though.
  • 1857 CDT Sylacauga, AL - Eastern Alabama power - AGR 4005
  • 1859 CDT Sylacauga, AL - Eastern Alabama westbound - NECR 4048-NECR 4049
It was getting dark so I drove to the Best Western in Hope Hill, Alabama for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment