Sunday, July 30, 2006

Trackside Log for Sunday, July 30, 2006

Vacation 2006 Day Two

The plan for the day was to drive west across Kentucky and then start back east through Tennessee. Unfortunately the day started off poorly. It was foggy and the first several railroads offered me no photo opportunities. Bardstown, Kentucky however yielded R.J. Corman's "My Old Kentucky Dinner Train" and its F's.

  • 1004 CDT Bardstown, KY - My Old Kentucky Dinner Train - RJCX 1941-RJCX 1940
After an abandoned line in Clay, Kentucky (the Western Kentucky Railway) and an inaccessible Paducah & Louisville in Princeton I turned my attention to Tennessee. On my way through Fulton, Kentucky I stumbled on an Illinois Central yard. Alas, the WC SD45, ex-LMS C40-8W and all the other power were inaccessible.
  • 1600 CDT Union City,TN - GM&O 2618 caboose

I was looking for the Tennken Railway in Dyersburg, Tennessee but also found an Illinois Central engine.

  • 1656 CDT Dyersburg, TN - IC power - IC 9567
  • 1700 CDT Dyersburg, TN - Tennken power - TKEN 9434
  • 1701 CDT Dyersburg, TN - Tennken power - TKEN 9435
Continuing east I found myself in Bucksnort, Tennessee at dusk. I checked into a motel. The next day would begin with a short drive to Centerville, Tennesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment