Friday, August 03, 2007

Trackside Log for Friday, August 3, 2007

Today was the first day of my vacation. Well, actually it was my last work day but I left work early. This year my vacation takes me to Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, South Dakota and Minnesota. I stopped off at home after work to pick up all my gear and I set off. I didn't intend to stop much this day as it was mostly a travel day. However, since it was really close to the interstate, I did decide to stop at Lapeer, Michigan to see the Lapeer Industrial Railroad engine.

  • 1754 EDT Lapeer, Michigan - Lapeer Industrial Railroad power - LIRR 5 (photo 1, photo 2)

After a couple photographs I set back off again for my only other rail related stop of the day. I wanted to drop by the Tuscola and Saginaw Bay Railway in Owosso, Michigan. As I arrived at the shops an eastbound freight was also arriving. Unfortunately I was unable to photograph it but was rewarded with a variety of power parked at the shops.

  • 1932 EDT Owosso, Michigan - Tuscola and Saginaw Bay Railway power - TSBY 390-TSBY 393 (photo)
  • 1933 EDT Owosso, Michigan - Tuscola and Saginaw Bay Railway power - TSBY 1977 (photo 1, photo 2)
  • 1935 EDT Owosso, Michigan - Tuscola and Saginaw Bay Railway equipment - steam generator TSBY 15481 (photo)
It was nice and sunny for the photos which is more than I can say for the last time I visited. After the photographs I was off again. I drove to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Valparaiso, Indiana where I would spend the night. Apparently luck was with me because all the significant traffic delays, like a motor home fire, were in the eastbound direction. I made relatively good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment