Monday, June 21, 2010

Trackside Log for Monday, June 21, 2010

I was at home with the scanner on this evening. The first local activity wouldn't make an appearance until quite late in the day. However, I figured I would take advantage of the summer solstice. There was still enough light available for a photograph although it was after 2030. Missy and I drove over to the Farr Street crossing where I was surprised to find the north side of the track brighter than the south. I've never photographed on the north side before. Then again, I've never taken a photograph that late in the day there either.

  • 2045 Fenwick - CP 247 north - CP 5612-CP 5833-STLH 5593-CP 5787

Wow. The sound of four SD40-2s accelerating out of the 25 mph speed restriction was awesome. It's a shame I don't get to hear that very often any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment