Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Trackside Log for Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Once again tonight I had the scanner on while puttering about. A little after 1900 I heard a southbound announce the slow order between miles 39 and 36 of the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision. It was a beautiful evening so I drove over to River Road for a photograph. After a short wait I heard horns approaching. I waited some more but no more horns. OK, something's up. Without a scanner I was in the dark. I waited for a while longer but nothing.

Puzzled, I drove back north along the tracks until I got to Farr Street where I found the train stopped. I could just make out flashing lights on the opposite side of the train at the Canboro Road crossing. Not good. Train 426 hit something. I drove around and discovered that they had hit a car. Fire, ambulance and police were on the scene. The driver, who was the sole occupant, was lucky to have merely sustained a minor head wound. Extremely lucky.

  • 1938 Canboro Road, Fenwick (time of incident) - CP 426 south - CP 9622-CP 9515

After quite a while the train was released from the scene. The train began to pull at 2148.

  • 2150 Church Street, Fenwick - CP 426 south - CP 9622-CP 9515

No comments:

Post a Comment