Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Trackside Log for Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I turned my scanner on for my drive home from work this evening. Just as I was approaching my destination, I heard the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision dispatcher issue a clearance to empty ethanol train 641 north from Brookfield East to the north siding switch Welland. I had plenty of time to go home, change, and take Missy to that north siding switch.

Upon our arrival at Hewitt Road I heard the dispatcher talking to the train still at Brookfield. They'd been waiting for a Canadian Pacific and a Canadian National local job. I now had plenty of time to take Missy for a walk before the train's arrival.

  • 1800 Welland - CP 641 north - CP 9777-CP 8885

Anyone who is familiar with my photography will quickly realise that I am not an avid user of long focal length lenses. However, there are a few circumstances where I quite like the look they achieve. Unit trains of similar cars look quite interesting using this type of lens.

I also watched the train pass through Boyle before returning home.

  • 1815 Boyle - CP 641 north - CP 9777-CP 8885

It's quite convenient when I can incorporate Missy's walk with some photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment