Monday, August 07, 2006

Trackside Log for Monday, August 7, 2006

Vacation 2006 Day Ten

Well, this was the last day of my trip. I started out by bidding a farewell to Kevin and headed out of Myrtle Beach with a destination of home some 1,400 km north. I had a long drive ahead of me. However, I did plan a few stops along the way. Since I was headed back through Hamlet, North Carolina again I stopped by the station to see what was happening there. There were three trains stopped at the junction so I waited for one of them to move. While waiting I photographed the Seaboard SDP35 that was on display.

  • 0942 EDT Hamlet, NC - museum display - SBD 1114
  • 0957 EDT Hamlet, NC - CSX northbound - CSXT 7550-CSXT 7718

There was a soutbound waiting as well, but I didn't know how long it would be sitting there and I had a long drive ahead of me so I moved on. My next stop was the Yadkin Valley.

  • 1232 EDT Rural Hall, NC - Yadkin Valley power - GORX 3614
  • 1234 EDT Rural Hall, NC - Yadkin Valley power - GORX 9613

The only other stop I wanted to make on my trip home was the Appalachian & Ohio since it was along my route. I found plenty of power in Burnsville, West Virginia.

  • 1652 EDT Burnsville, WV - Appalachian & Ohio power - CEFX 125-CEFX 130-CEFX 134
  • 1654 EDT Burnsville, WV - Appalachian & Ohio power - AO 2121-AO 2100
  • 1701 EDT Burnsville, WV - Appalachian & Ohio eastbound - CSXT 552-CSXT 526

Now that my trip had come full circle I headed for home. Overall I had a fun and productive journey through the southeast United States. I really can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment