Friday, April 02, 2010

Trackside Log for Friday, April 2, 2010

I was just about to go to bed for the night when Canadian Pacific train 247 north rumbled through town. I'd photographed the power on train 246 earlier.

  • 0034 Fenwick - CP 247 north - CP 8880-CP 8574

Then it was off to sleep for the night.

In the morning just as I was about to take Missy for a walk, Canadian Pacific train 255 north arrived. I only had time enough to see a CP GE, CEFX GE and two more CP GEs for power. Oh well. After our walk I decided to head to Merritton to find the Maple Leaf and also to photograph the first salty of the 2010 Welland Canal shipping season, the Federal Elbe.

  • 1009 Merritton - VIA 97 east - AMTK 180

After my photograph of the Maple Leaf I zipped over to Bridge 5 to see the Federal Elbe before heading back home.

Missy and I were relaxing at home with the scanner on when I heard a southbound call out the Boyle mile sign. I got my camera, drove Missy to River Road and walked into the soybean field for a photograph.

  • 1537 Fenwick - CP 426 south - CP 8632-CP 8568

Shortly after returning home I heard train 426 talking to a northbound that was approaching Welland Yard. After nearly three hours switching Welland Yard the train finally obtained a clearance to proceed north. I took Missy to Farr Street for a photograph before our evening walk.

  • 1822 Fenwick - CP 427 north - SOO 6047-CP 8578

The crew of the train mentioned on the radio that they entered Welland Yard with nine cars. I figure they lifted everything in the yard because they were a rather large train leaving it.

Later in the evening I took Missy out before bed and heard the sound of horns again. We walked over to see what it was.

  • 2238 Fenwick - CP 254 south - CP 8637-CEFX 1018-CP 7309

Sure, run the neat stuff in the dark. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment