Friday, April 23, 2010

Trackside Log for Friday, April 23, 2010

Today I took Missy to the Welland Canal for a walk. The ulterior motive was to photograph the salty, Brant. We headed over to Allanburg to see the ship under the lift bridge there. While on our walk I heard the Trillium Railway blowing their horn for the nearby crossings. After we finished up our walk we drove north along the canal to St. Catharines both to check out the ship activity and to see if we would stumble upon the Trillium Railway train. Lo and behold, as I was driving along Queenston Street, there they were.

  • 1742 St. Catharines - Trillium Railway northbound - TRRY 110

After a couple photographs we headed home for supper. Well what do you know? Canadian Pacific train 426 called out mile board Boyle just after we ate. It was starting to get dark but I decided to try for a photograph anyway. When the train came out of the trees at Chantler Road I could tell I made the right choice.

  • 1946 Fenwick - CP 426 south - CP 6055-CITX 3083-SOO 6049

Well, that was the most interesting motive power I've seen in quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment