Friday, July 02, 2010

Trackside Log for Friday, July 2, 2010

Today I had a few errands to run before getting to work. It was a nice sunny morning again so I swung by Trillium Railway's Feeder Yard to see if they were lifting their traffic for the day. Sure enough, I could hear the Alco prime mover behind the trees so I made my way over to St. Clair Avenue in Dain City to photograph them crossing the old lift bridge again. I only had to wait about five minutes

  • 0927 Dain City - Trillium Railway eastbound - TRRY 110

I was headed into Welland and so was the train so I stopped for another photograph of the train crossing the bridge into Welland. Beneath the bridge is the Canadian Pacific Hamilton Subdivision and Townline Tunnel Road. Both lead down into a pair of tunnels under the Welland Canal to the east.

  • 0931 Welland - Trillium Railway northbound - TRRY 110

After the photograph I was off running errands. Photographing Trillium only took about 15 minutes out of my morning. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment