Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Trackside Log for Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It was already a hot, humid day and it wasn't even 0900 yet. This is the weather that I loathe. I'll take a brisk winter day any time. Anyway, I had just walked out the door with Missy for our walk when I was greeted with horns from the north. I turned around, got my camera and we drove over to Chantler Road for a quick photograph before we departed on our walk.

  • 0823 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 9620-CP 9629

After 246 rolled by we drove back home and went for our customary 1.5 mile walk.

That evening I was relaxing at home watching "The Manchurian Candidate" (the original Sinatra version) when I heard some rather odd sounding horns passing behind my house. Turns out it was a rail grinding train.

  • 2210 Fenwick - CP southbound rail grinder - RG 311

The train wasn't grinding. They ran to Welland Yard and parked for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment