Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trackside Log for Saturday, August 21, 2010

Missy and I were relaxing at home in the morning. As often happens living next to the railway tracks we heard horns approaching. This morning they were approaching from the south. We walked behind my property for a photograph.

  • 1029 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 9532-CP 9643-CP 5833

After we walked back home I turned on the scanner and subsequently heard train 255 meet train 246 in Smithville. Once again Missy was excited about going for a walk so we strolled down to the Foss Road crossing to see the second train of the morning.

  • 1129 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 9654-CP 5942

It's a pretty rare morning to have two trains in daylight on the Hamilton Subdivision.

As it was approaching evening I was watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode of Lost Continent when the scanner chirped up. Train 254 was reporting the south siding switch Smithville restored to the normal position. Although it was getting dark and beginning to rain I thought I'd take a drive over to Boyle to see it.

  • 1927 Boyle - CP 254 south - CP 8843-CP 9659

It was pretty dark considering I had to expose it at ISO 1600 but I thought the gloomy mood of the photograph was interesting so I posted it anyway. It's been quite a while since I'd seen three trains on the Hamilton Subdivision in the daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment