Sunday, August 22, 2010

Trackside Log for Sunday, August 22, 2010

Missy and I were at home today. The morning was rather wet from the rain over night. I turned the scanner on mostly out of curiosity. By late morning the rain had stopped and I heard a southbound call out the slow order between mile 39 and mile 36 of the Hamilton Subdivision. The weather had brightened up a bit and I needed to go out for milk so I took Missy over to Chantler Road to see.

  • 1128 Fenwick - CP 246 south - CP 8849-CP 9585-CP 8243

After watching train 246 roll by we acquired the milk and went back home.

In the early evening I was working with some of my old trackside information when I heard train 254 announce the slow order between mile 39 and mile 36. The weather was clearing up a bit and there was adequate light so I took Missy over to Chantler Road for a photograph.

  • 1859 Fenwick - CP 254 south - CP 9654-CP 5942-CP 9143

Hokey smokes! It had been just over two years since I'd last seen a Canadian Pacific SD90MAC on the Hamilton Subdivision. Since this was a rare event I used the 25 mph slow order to my advantage and drove ahead to River Road to photograph the train again.

  • 1903 Fenwick - CP 254 south - CP 9654-CP 5942-CP 9143

And with that I returned home for the evening. Actually, it had been about the busiest weekend on the southern half of the Hamilton Subdivision in a long time.

Addendum: CP 9143 continued east to Taylor Yard in Taylor, Pennsylvania. It was then lifted by the Delaware-Lackawanna and delivered to Steamtown for Railfest on September 4th and 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment