Saturday, August 07, 2010

Trackside Log for Saturday, August 7, 2010

I was planning to visit my family in Binbrook in the afternoon and decided to take Missy trackside for the day beforehand. As we did the previous Saturday we drove to the Canadian National Dundas Subdivision starting in Copetown and ending in Princeton. This time we arrived in Copetown in time to see VIA train 70 first.

  • 0918 Copetown - VIA 70 east - VIA 6405

Not a great deal was happening and I really intended to spend more time farther west so we continued on to Brantford where we arrived at the station just as an eastbound was arriving. No time for a photograph but at least we could watch it pass by.

  • 1013 Brantford - CN eastbound - CN 2408-IC 1004

We continued farther west to Paris and missed train 908, the instructional train, at Hardy (in Brantford). Oh well. At Paris Junction I noticed that the cars in storage had been moved around a bit and a Detroit & Toledo Shore Line coil car was at the east end of the line. I took a few photographs of it while waiting for an eastbound to arrive.

  • 1052 Paris Junction - CN storage - DTS 7008
  • 1059 Paris Junction - CN 148 east -CN 8813-CN 5628

Then things got quiet again. Missy and I moved west to Princeton and waited there for some more traffic.

  • 1212 Princeton - VIA 72 east - VIA 913
  • 1246 Princeton - Westway Feed Products trackmobile
  • 1335 Princeton - Via 73 west - VIA 6404
  • 1345 Princeton - CN eastbound - CN 2576-CN 5777

By the time the last eastbound passed by the clouds were getting very frustrating. The afternoon was getting on so I decided to head for Binbrook and my family. I managed to miss a westbound at Paris West. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment