Sunday, August 29, 2010

Trackside Log for Sunday, August 29, 2010

I was relaxing at home this morning with the scanner on. Much of the morning saw Canadian Pacific train 255 switching Welland Yard. Eventually they departed the yard so Missy and I went to meet it. Since it was late morning and I couldn't get decent nose light anywhere I decided to use my zoom lens to photograph across the soya bean fields along Balfour Street just south of Webber Road.

  • 1112 Fenwick - CP 255 north - CP 9654-CP 8637

I thought the photograph worked out rather well.

In the afternoon I decided to take Missy for a drive. She enjoys them. We took a circuitous route with Niagara Falls being the eventual destination. After passing through Welland, Port Colborne, Fort Erie and Chippawa we arrived at the VIA station in Niagara Falls. I timed it so that we would be able to greet the "Maple Leaf" if it was on time. Only a few minutes after we arrived I noticed the Canadian crew and Canada Customs at the station. We didn't have long to wait.

  • 1654 Niagara Falls - VIA 98 west - AMTK 45

After my photographs Missy and I meandered our way back home. I noticed that both the old steel bridges at 11th Avenue Louth and 13th Avenue Louth had been removed. I'm glad I have a few photographs of and from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment