Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trackside Log for Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day. It was a nice bright morning so I opted to take my camera along to work. I passed by the Southern Ontario Railway's yard in Garnet to see if the southbound was parked there as usual. It was. The first thing I noticed was that the lead locomotive, RMPX 9431 was coupled long hood forward. I'm guessing that it wasn't actually part of the consist for the southbound freight but was in fact used to switch Nanticoke. When finished it was returned to Garnet facing north and coupled to the southbound's consist.

  • 0928 Garnet - SOR 596 south - RMPX 9431-RLK 4057-CEFX 2014-NECR 3840

It is remarkable how frequently these four locomotives are shuffled and rotated. After a few photographs I got to work for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment